CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – The Bowdoin men's basketball team earned a 73-67 out-of-conference victory over Pine Manor Tuesday night.
Bowdoin improves to 13-4 with the win against the Gators. Pine Manor falls to 7-11 on the season.
- Jamel Hamans scored seven of Pine Manor's first twelve points as the Gators took an early 22-10 lead.
- Sparked by a Jack Simonds three-pointer, Bowdoin tied the game with 9:01 remaining in the first half at 22.
- Pine Manor capitalized on 17 first half turnovers by Bowdoin, netting 22 points off the Polar Bear mishaps.
- Despite that, Bowdoin took a 40-35 lead into the half, with the help of seven made 3-point field goals.
- The Polar Bears saw their lead grow to 14 points, which was the highest of the game.
- Pine Manor was able to cut the Bowdoin lead to just three at 68-65, off a 9-0 run with 23 seconds remaining.
- Simonds iced the game at the free throw line, hitting all four attempts to close the Polar Bear win.
By The Numbers
- Bowdoin finished the game shooting 48.9% from the field, including ten made threes.
- Pine Manor stayed close thanks to their defense, forcing 28 Polar Bear turnovers, which turned into 35 points for the Gators.
- Bowdoin out-rebounded Pine Manor 42-24 for the game.
- Simonds was the game-high scorer with 18 points, adding four 3-pointers.
- David Reynolds contributed 17 points along with six rebounds.
- Hugh O'Neal finished with a game-high 13 boards.
- Rasheed Bell tallied a team-high 14 points for Pine Manor.
- Four Gators scored double figures (Bell, Hamans, Ellis Reid, Bradley Buabeng).
- Bowdoin returns to action for a Friday night home game vs Hamilton at 7:00pm
- Pine Manor will travel to Valley Forge for a 3:00pm afternoon game.