BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College men's basketball team rallied from a halftime deficit to defeat Connecticut College on Friday evening in Morrell Gymnasium, 77-60.
The Polar Bears, who had all five starters in double-figures, improve to 15-7 (4-5 NESCAC) with the win entering the final day of the regular season tomorrow. Conn. College drops to 6-16 (0-9 NESCAC) and remains winless in conference play.
- The Camels jumped to a quick start, taking an early 8-3 lead thanks to a pair of early dunks from Dan Draffan and Austin Nwafor.
- Bowdoin battled back, tying the game at 8-8 on a David Reynolds three-pointer and Hugh O'Neil lay-in.
- Conn. College surged ahead with a 10-3 run and maintained the lead throughout the majority of the first half, taking a six-point lead following a David Labossiere three-pointer, 31-25, with under seven minutes to go in the period, and held a slim 39-38 edge at halftime.
- Bowdoin got hot from the field in the second half, connecting on six three-pointers and hitting on 55% of their shots to slowly pull away.
- The Polar Bears used a 6-0 run out of the locker room to regain the lead and pushed their advantage to double figures thanks to consecutive three-pointers from David Reynolds and Zavier Rucker early in the period.
- While Bowdoin got hot, the Camels went cold in the final 20 minutes, shooting just 25% and missing all seven three-pointers they attempted.
By The Numbers
- Bowdoin's five starters accounted for 67 of the team's 77 points in the win, paced by David Reynolds' 19 and Liam Farley's 15.
- Hugh O'Neil had 12 points, nine rebounds and five assists in the victory while Jack Simonds (10) and Zavier Rucker (11, five assists) also reached double-digits.
- Dan Draffan finished with a team-high 19 points and six rebounds for the visitors, who also got 18 points from David Labossiere and 12 from Austin Nwafor.
- Bowdoin owned a 43-24 advantage in rebounding, resulting in 16 key second-chance points.
- The Polar Bears close out the regular season with Senior Day against Wesleyan on Saturday at 3:00 p.m.
- The Camels head to Colby for a 3:00 p.m. tip-off on Saturday.