GORHAM, Maine – Pat Geary scored the game's lone goal to return the Bowdoin men's ice hockey team to the win column with a 1-0 victory at the University of Southern Maine on Tuesday evening.
The Polar Bears climb to 3-5-0 on the year while dropping the Huskies to 1-8-3.
- Geary tallied the only goal at 14:02 of the opening period. Geary cleaned up his own rebound to put the Polar Bears ahead, with his initial shot being set up by Spencer Antunez and Jack Bliss.
- Alex Zafonte posted his second shutout of the season with 23 stops, including 13 in the final frame.
By the Numbers
- Bowdoin held a 27-23 edge in shots.
- Both teams went 0-for-2 on the power play.
- Anthony D'Aloisio turned away 26 shots for the Huskies before being pulled in the final 1:15 in favor of an extra skater.
- The Polar Bears host Tufts on Friday evening beginning at 7:00 p.m.