BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin men's tennis team cruised to a 9-0 NESCAC victory over visiting Colby on Thursday evening.
The second-ranked Polar Bears (13-1) returned to the win column in commanding fashion after sweeping the Mules (8-3).
- Bowdoin jumped out to an early lead, sweeping doubles play to grab a 3-0 lead.
- Luke Tercek/Grant Urken and Kyle Wolfe/Jerry Jiang posted 8-4 wins at #1 and #2 respectively.
- The duo of Gil Roddy/Justin Patel combined for an 8-3 win at #3.
- The Polar Bears moved inside for singles play, but did not lose momentum.
- With #1-4 singles playing in the beginning, Bowdoin extended its lead as Jiang (6-4, 6-1) and Justin Wang (7-5, 6-2) picked up points at #2 and #3.
- Tercek (7-6, 6-4) and Larry Zhao (6-3, 5-7, 10-5) added wins at #1 and #4.
- Tristan Young (6-0, 6-0) and Alan Delman (6-2, 6-0) capped the victory with quick straight set wins at #5 and #6.
- Bowdoin hosts Williams at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday morning.