BOSTON, Mass. – The Bowdoin College cross country teams raced well at the 2018 Open New England Championships on Saturday at Franklin Park in Boston.
The Bowdoin men placed 11th overall in the 26-team field that included multiple Division I and II squads. The Bowdoin women finished 16th. Among Division III teams, the Polar Bear men finished second and women placed third.
Complete Results: http://www.neicaaa.net/
Men's Meet Highlights
- The Bowdoin men finished with a team score of 268, ending just behind Boston College (244) in 11th.
- Sean MacDonald led the way with a fantastic fourth-place finish in the 8k race, in a time of 25:04.45.
- Connor Rockett (37th, 25:51.74) and Naphtali Moulton (38th, 25:51.83) finished together for the Polar Bears.
Women's Meet Highlights
- The Polar Bear women totaled 441 points to finish behind Rhode Island in 16th place overall.
- Julia O'Rourke was Bowdoin's top finisher in 64th, covering the 5k in 19:25.58
- Delaney Bullock was 69th in 19:30.06 followed by Erin Hollenbaugh in 85th in 19:44.70.
- Bowdoin returns to action next Saturday, October 13 at Pickard Field when they host the Bowdoin Invitational.