BRUNSWICK, Maine - The Bowdoin College women's basketball team had four players in double figures as they rolled to their seventh consecutive win to open the season, 79-45, over Colby on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears, who are ranked 10th by the WBCA and 17th by D3hoops.com, remain unbeaten and have outscored their opponents by an average of 30.1 points per game this year. Colby falls to 2-3 this season with the setback. The two teams will meet against in their NESCAC conference contest on January 20 in Waterville.
- The teams traded buckets in the early going, with the teams finding themselves tied at 9-9 with 3:50 remaining in the opening quarter.
- Bowdoin closed the period with a 16-0 flurry, getting seven points from Kate Kerrigan and five from Sam Roy to take a commanding 25-9 lead.
- Bowdoin continued to roll in the second quarter, starting the frame on a 9-2 run to push the lead over 20 and owned a 44-21 advantage at halftime.
- The Polar Bears outscored Colby 17-12 in the third quarter and extended their lead to as many as 35 points in the fourth quarter on their way to the win.
By The Numbers
- Despite only shooting 42% for the game, Bowdoin held Colby to 39% and forced 35 turnovers by the Mules.
- Bowdoin's bench carried the day, outscoring Colby's 41-11, including a team-best 15 points from Hannah Graham, including a trio of three-pointers.
- Sam Roy also scored 11 points for Bowdoin while Kate Kerrigan scored 11 points, dished out nine assists, collected seven steals and had five rebounds.
- Maddie Hasson also saw double digits for Bowdoin with ten points.
- Colby was paced by a game-high 16 points and six rebounds from Haley Driscoll. No other player scored more than six for the Mules.
- Bowdoin will host Maine-Farmington on Wednesday evening (7:00 p.m.) in their next contest
- The Mules will head to Bates in their next game on Tuesday evening.