BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin College women's rugby team sprinted to a 55-8 win over the University of New England on Saturday afternoon at Pickard Field.
The Polar Bears bounce back from last week's loss to West Chester and avenge their only losses from last year with the victory. Bowdoin stands at 3-1 with the victory.
- Bowdoin cut down on the errors from last week's loss and jumped ahead early on the Nor'easters, taking a 41-0 lead at halftime and cruising to the victory.
- The Polar Bears used a well-balanced attack with forwards and backs and delivered constant pressure throughout the match.
By The Numbers
- In her first start of the season, Molly Petronzio scored four tries from the wing.
- Ashlynn Autrey had 16 tackles in her first start as well, while Liz D'Angelo also recorded 16 tackles.
- Sophie Karris and Allegra Bersani had two tries each while Satya Kent had one. D'Angelo finished the match with five conversion kicks.
- Bowdoin heads to Vassar next Saturday, October 13, at noon.