BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Amherst women's soccer team used an early penalty kick conversion to hand Bowdoin a 1-0 setback on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears drop to 0-1-1 (0-1 NESCAC), while the Mammoths pick up their second victory to improve to 2-0-0 (1-0-0 NESCAC).
- Amherst earned a penalty kick 12:17 into the game and Alexa Juarez lined up to take the shot. Juarez buried the ball in the top left corner, sneaking the shot beyond the outstretched hands of the goalie.
- Just a minute later, Rubii Tamen threatened with a dangerous possession in the center of the box. Tamen turned to rip a shot on net, but Sabrina Albanese turned away the bid to keep Bowdoin within one.
By the Numbers
- The Polar Bears held a 9-3 edge in corner kicks and 8-6 shot advantage.
- Erica Sanders earned the shutout in net for the Mammoths behind a six save performance.
- Albanese made four stops for Bowdoin.
- Bowdoin hosts Bates at 4:30 PM on Tuesday.
- Amherst hosts Lasell tomorrow afternoon at 2:00 p.m.