Oct 07, 2018
WATERVILLE, Maine – The Bowdoin women's soccer team played to a 1-1 double overtime tie at Colby on Sunday afternoon.
The Polar Bears sit at 5-4-2 (1-4-1 NESCAC). The Mules are 4-5-1 (1-5-1 NESCAC).
- Bowdoin got on the board 14:27 into the game. Jamie Lau scored her first career goal on a play that started with a throw-in deep in Colby's end. The throw was headed backwards by a Colby defender before Lau headed the ball into the net.
- The Mules responded two minutes later. Olivia Greif started the play with a cross to Juliette Nadeau. Nadeau tapped the ball left for Mannon Frykholm who buried a shot from 25 yards out.
By the Numbers
- Shannon Gray made 14 saves, including three in overtime, for the Mules.
- Sabrina Albanese made three stops for Bowdoin.
- Bowdoin held a 25-8 shot advantage and 10-5 corner kick edge.
- Bowdoin plays at Hamilton on Saturday with at 11:00 a.m.