BOSTON, Mass. – The Bowdoin College volleyball team concluded a perfect weekend at the New England Invitational with two more wins on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears (5-0) swept Maine-Presque Isle 3-0 before defeating UMass-Boston 3-1 to complete a 4-0 showing at the Invitational.
Presque Ilse Match Highlights
- Bowdoin earned their fourth consecutive 3-0 win to open the campaign with the 25-9, 25-12, 25-14 win.
- Gabby Koenig led the Polar Bear attack with a dozen kills while also pitching in eight digs.
- Emily King had a team-best 16 digs while Lexie Freund recorded 33 assists for Bowdoin.
- The Polar Bears finished with 16 service aces in the match.
UMass-Boston Match Highlights
- Bowdoin lost its first set of the season, but earned a hard-fought 25-16, 25-21, 20-25, 25-20 victory over the Beacons to remain undefeated.
- First-year Sophia Pahl was outstanding, collecting 20 kills with 12 digs.
- Caroline Flaharty added 12 kills and 14 digs wile Kate Kiser dished out 43 assists.
- Lisa Sheldon had 30 digs in the win.
- The Polar Bears will face Maine Maritime in their home-opener on Wednesday evening at 7:00 p.m. in Morrell Gymnasium