BRISTOL, R.I. – The Bowdoin men's basketball team suffered its first defeat of the season, dropping to the host school in the title match of the Roger Williams Tournament on Saturday, 79-58.
Roger Williams improves to 2-1 on the season while Bowdoin falls to 1-1 on the year.
- Tied at 7-7 in the early going, Roger Williams used an 11-0 run to take a lead they would never relinquish midway through the first half.
- The Hawks shot 45% in the first half and got 15 points from Rich Pugliese in the opening period to take a 44-30 edge in the break.
- Bowdoin got as close as nine points early in the second half, but couldn't climb back into the contest as the hosts built their lead to as many as 28 points on the way to the win.
By The Numbers
- Bowdoin struggled from the field, connecting on just 34% of their shots for the game and lost despite out-rebounding Roger Williams 42-31.
- The Hawks hit 17 three-pointers in the game to more than make up for the rebounding deficit in the victory.
- David Reynolds was named to the All-Tournament team after finishing with 17 points and eight rebounds to lead Bowdoin.
- Zavier Rucker had 13 points, seven boards and four assists whle Sam Grad added ten points for Bowdoin.
- Bowdoin will look to bounce back on Tuesday when they play at USM at 7:30 p.m.