AMHERST, Mass. – The Bowdoin men's soccer team dropped its NESCAC opener 3-0 at Amherst on Saturday afternoon.
The Mammoths improve to 2-0-0 (1-0-0 NESCAC) on the year. The Polar Bears drop to 1-1-0 (0-1-0 NESCAC).
- Ada Okorogheye scored at 28:59 with a quick shot from the top of the box into the bottom right corner through traffic.
- With three minutes remaining in the opening frame, Amherst doubled its lead with an unassisted tally from Gabe Gitler. A Bowdoin clear attempt ended up at the feet of Gitler who put a shot into the net from 30 yards out.
- With 26:14 left in the second half, German Giammattei put a shot into net from point blank range after Sebastian Derby intercepted the ball at midfield.
By the Numbers
- Chris Kingston made eight saves in net for the Polar Bears.
- Bernie White made a pair of saves with over 80 minutes in goal for Amherst before Kofi Hope-Gund finished out the game.
- Amherst held a 28-5 edge in shots and 9-2 corner kick advantage.
- Bowdoin plays at Husson on September 10 with a 7:30 p.m. start.