Posted: Oct 26, 2019
BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin men's soccer team suffered a 2-0 loss at home to Williams on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears fall to 6-4-4 (1-4-4 NESCAC). The Ephs improve to 7-3-4 (5-2-2 NESCAC).
- Williams took the lead at 8:58 off a tally from Chris Fleischer. Fleischer cut to the middle at the top of the box and lofted a ball to the top right corner.
- Jake Saudek won the ball off a Bowdoin defender late in the half and doubled the Ephs lead. Saudek skimmed a ball inside the post and past the charging keeper.
- Bowdoin nearly answered two minutes later as Brian Bae fed Ian Strudwick, but the shot was turned away.
By the Numbers
- Both teams totaled nine shots.
- Bowdoin held a 5-2 edge in corner kicks.
- Michael Webber made four saves for Bowdoin and Michael Davis also made four for Williams.
- The Polar Bears play at Tufts on Tuesday at 6:00 p.m.
- Williams travels to Middlebury on Tuesday for a 2:30 p.m. game.