BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin College men's tennis team rallied from a 2-1 deficit after doubles to defeat Tufts 7-2 on Friday afternoon at Maine Pines.
The eighth-ranked Polar Bears improve to 14-3 with the victory over the 19th-ranked Jumbos.
- With a pair of close defeats, the Polar Bears found themselves trailing 2-1 after doubles play.
- Justin Patel/Oscar Yang accounted for the lone Bowdoin win with an 8-6 victory at number three.
- The Polar Bears completely dominated singles play, not losing a set and sweeping all six matches to secure the victory.
- Grant Urken (6-3, 6-3), Jerry Jiang (6-0, 6-4), Oscar Yang (6-3, 6-2), Evan Fortier (7-6, 7-6), Justin Patel (6-3, 6-1) and Luke Carstens (6-4, 6-1) completed the singles sweep for the Polar Bears
- Bowdoin heads to Massachusetts on Saturday to face ninth-ranked Williams in a match with key NESCAC and NCAA postseason implications. Match time is 2:00 p.m.