MIAMI, Fla. – The Bowdoin College outdoor track & field team opened its 2019 campaign at the Hurricane Invitational at the University of Miami, a non-scoring meet featuring a number of Division I, II and III competitors as well as professional athletes.
- A number of Polar Bears posted strong showings, including Caroline Shipley's 4:43 in the 1500, which placed her fifth on the NCAA performance list after the second week of the season.
- Sara Ory ran 1:03.99 in the 400 meter hurdles which is the third-best time on the NCAA list after two weekends and taking eighth place overall.
- The women's 4x100 Relay of Emma Beane, Brittney McKinley, Angela Wallace, and Samantha Schaefer places seventh with a time of 48.92 while Claire Traum placed seventh in the 800M with a time of 2:17.51
- Reid Brawer placed 6th in Triple Jump with a jump of 13.30m
- Mason Freeman placed 6th in the High Jump with a jump of 1.85m
- The Polar Bears will open their outdoor campaign in Maine on Saturday, April 6, when they host the Bowdoin Invitational