BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin College indoor track teams celebrated their season-opening Bowdoin Invitational with first-place showings Saturday at Farley Field House.
Women's Final Scores: 1. Bowdoin – 232, 2. Conn College – 84, 3. RIC - 69.50, 4. Wheaton – 65, 5. Emmanuel – 57, 6. Colby-Sawyer - 17.50, 7. Thomas – 16
Men's Final Scores: 1.Bowdoin – 207, 2. Wheaton – 72, 3. Conn College – 68, 4. Thomas – 65, 5. RIC – 63, 6. Emmanuel – 23, 7. Colby-Sawyer – 19
Women's Meet Highlights
- Sophomore Lydia Pitts led the way for Bowdoin with a trio of first-place showings, in the 60M hurdles (9.27), the triple jump (11.2m) and the long jump (5.16m).
- Other Polar Bear winners included Morgen Gallagher (60M dash), Brittney McKinley (200M), Emma Beane (600M), Emma Noel (800M), Cameron MacKenzie (1000M), Claire Traum (3000M) and Sadie Saxton (5000M).
- The meet win was the first in the head coaching career of new women's track & field head coach L.J. Que.
Men's Meet Highlights
- Sophomore Troy Green and first-year John Auer were both double-winners for the Polar Bear men in the meet. Green claimed the 60M dash (7.12) and the 200M (23.48) races while Auer took the mile (4:26.87) and 800M (2:04.45) events.
- Other victors on the track included Ajay Olson (400M), Mateo Rivera (600M) and Luca Ostertag-Hill (3000M) while the 4x400 team of Olson, Stevie Upton, Reid Brawer and Rivera took first place as well.
- Bowdoin was outstanding the field events, getting first-place showings from Ryan Durkin (pole vault), Cheng Xing (long jump), Michael Donovan (shot put) and Ronmel Rugama-Montenegro (weight throw).
- The Polar Bears will do it again next weekend as they host the Bowdoin Invitational II in a field that includes Merrimack, Southern Maine and Brandeis. Start time is 1:00 p.m. and the meet will be carried live on the Northeast Sports Network.