Posted: Sep 21, 2019
BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin College men's cross country team placed second while the women took fourth at the season-opening Bowdoin Invitational on Saturday.
Men's Meet Highlights
- Bowdoin finished with 60 team points to trail Colby, who won the race with the top four finishers and 21 points in the six-team field.
- The Polar Bears' placed three in the top-ten to edge Coast Guard, led by Andrew Meredith's fifth-place showing (26:49.50) in the 8K race.
- Luca Ostertag-Hill was seventh (26:58.30) and Ted Fuell finished eighth (27:14.50) for Bowdoin.
- Brooks Peters (12th, 27:36.20) and Ryan Supple (30th, 28:36.20) rounded out the Polar Bear scorers.
Women's Meet Highlights
- The Polar Bear women totaled 99 points to finish in fourth spot behind only the Coast Guard (37), Wellesley (73) and Tufts (85) in the eight-team field.
- Delaney Bullock led the way for Bowdoin with a fourth-place showing, covering the 6K course in 23:17.50.
- Claire Wolff also captured a top-20 finish (19th, 23:56.40), Leila Trummel took 21st (24:00.20), and Anne McKee took 25th (24:14.60).
- Erin Hollenbaugh rounded out the top-five Polar Bears with a 31st-place showing in 24:41.30.
- The Polar Bears will return to action in two weeks, at the Maine State Meet hosted by Colby on October 5.