Oct 05, 2019
WATERVILLE, Maine – The Bowdoin College women's cross country team finished second and the men took third at the Maine State Championships hosted at the Quarry Road Trails on Saturday.
Women's Race Highlights
- The Polar Bears finished second of ten teams, totaling 32 points to trail only Bates (25).
- Senior Caroline Shipley placed first to win the individual Maine State Championship trophy in a time of 19:10.2 on the 5K trail
- Delaney Bullock was the runner-up in 19:25.6
- Bates runners took the next five positions to seal the team scoring victory.
- Anne McKee finished eighth for the Polar Bears (19:55.4), followed by Claire Wolff in 10th (20:00.0), and Maggie Hanson (20:03.2).
Men's Race Highlights
- Bowdoin finished third of 13 teams, ending with 89 points to finish behind Bates (34) and Colby (38).
- Sophomore Andrew Meredith was the top finisher for Bowdoin, earning All-State honors by moving up from 15th spot in the first two miles to seventh at the finishing, covering the 8K course in a time of 26:29.5.
- Luca Ostertag-Hill was 12th in a time of 27:07 for Bowdoin, followed by Brooks Peters in 24th (27:45.5).
- Aidan King was 27th in 27:56.7 and Ryan Supple took 29th in 28:15.5 to round out the top five Bowdoin finishers.
- The Polar Bears will return to action next Saturday at the Open New England Championship in Franklin Park, Mass.