CLERMONT, Fla. – The Bowdoin softball team split a pair of games on Monday afternoon against New Paltz and Wooster.
The Polar Bears (7-3) won their first game of the day 3-1 over New Paltz (3-5) and suffered a 5-0 setback to Wooster (5-7).
Game One Highlights
- New Paltz got on the board first with a flyout to left in the top of the first.
- Bowdoin responded with a pair of runs in the bottom half of the inning. Caroline Rice tagged an RBI triple and Claire McCarthy singled to drive in Rice.
- Jordan Gowdy added the game's final run in the third, scoring on a passed ball.
- Gowdy, McCarthy, and Allison Rutz all went 2-for-3 at the plate.
- Kate Hoadley pitched all seven innings with five strikeouts, three walks, and four hits allowed.
Game Two Highlights
- Wooster exploded for four runs in the first inning, while Bowdoin would never break through.
- A pair of walks and fielder's choice plays allowed Wooster to take a 4-0 lead.
- Marina Roski added an RBI double in the fourth.
- Gowdy went 2-for-4 at the plate and Rice had a stolen base.
- Samantha Roy started on the mound before Hoadley came in and recorded four innings of work with three strikeouts.
- The Polar Bears play Fredonia and Worcester State on Tuesday morning.