NEW LONDON, Conn. – The Bowdoin College women's basketball team used an outstanding defensive effort to complete a weekend NESCAC sweep with a 65-34 win at Conn. College Saturday.
The second-ranked Polar Bears move to 14-0 (2-0 NESCAC) while the Camels fall to 5-7 (1-2 NESCAC) this winter.
- The Polar Bears never trailed, scoring the first six points of the game and pushing the lead to 18-4 just seven minutes into the contest.
- Bowdoin led 21-10 after one quarter and extended their edge to 42-20 at the break.
- The Polar Bears put the game out of reach in the third quarter, holding the Camels to just five points and 2-18 shooting, extending the lead to as many as 37 points in the second half.
By The Numbers
- Sela Kay led a balanced Bowdoin attack with 14 points, including four three-pointers, as well as nine rebounds.
- Maddie Hasson and Samantha Roy had ten points each for Bowdoin as 11 different players scored for the Polar Bears.
- Bowdoin shot 37% for the game but held Conn. College to just 25% while owning a 54-35 edge in rebounding.
- The Polar Bears cashed in 20 second-chance points in the victory.
- Bowdoin will return to Morrell Gymnasium on Tuesday evening when they play Maine-Presque Isle at 5:00 p.m.