Posted: Jan 17, 2020
The second-ranked Polar Bears dominated for most of the contest, easily dispatching the Ephs to improve to 16-0 (3-0 NESCAC). Williams falls to 12-4 (1-2 NESCAC) with their third-straight loss.
- After the teams traded baskets to start the contest, an 8-0 Bowdoin run, capped by a Maddie Hasson three-pointer, gave the Polar Bears the lead they would never relinquish.
- Hasson scored 11 first quarter points as Bowdoin led 20-13 after ten minutes and then extended their lead to double digits early in the second quarter with a 7-2 run to open the frame.
- The Polar Bears hit six three-pointers in the first half and carried a commanding 42-25 lead into intermission.
- Bowdoin extended the lead to as many as 30 points in the fourth quarter, dealing Williams their most lopsided loss of the season.
By The Numbers
- Bowdoin finished at 49% shooting for the game, including 27 points and 11 rebounds from Maddie Hasson.
- First-year Ali Meade had a breakout game, posting a career-high 13 points, including a trio of three-pointers.
- Samantha Roy had eight points and five assists while Moira Train scored nine points for the Polar Bears.
- A trio of Williams players finished with eight points in the loss.
- Bowdoin dominated the boards, holding a 43-22 edge in rebounding and scoring 13 second chance points.
- The Polar Bears also scored 24 points off 16 Williams turnovers in the victory.
- Bowdoin will return to action on Saturday at home against Middlebury (3:00 p.m.)