Posted: Jan 25, 2020
The second-ranked Polar Bears remain unbeaten at 18-0 (5-0 NESCAC) while the Mules fall to 6-11 (1-4 NESCAC) on the season.
- The Polar Bears set the tone early, holding the Mules to just 6-28 shooting in the first half (21%) and carrying a 28-15 lead into the break.
- Samantha Roy led the way with 11 first-half points for Bowdoin.
- Colby clawed back into the contest with an 18-point third quarter, cutting the Bowdoin lead to 38-33 with ten minutes to go.
- The Mules came within three points following an Ainsley Burns bucket with 7:45 remaining, 38-35, Bowdoin the Polar Bears immediately answered with a running layup by Samantha Roy.
- Roy's bucket sparked a decisive 10-0 surge for the Polar Bears, pushing the lead to 13 points, 48-35, with under five minutes to go.
By The Numbers
- The Polar Bears overcame a 36% shooting effort from the field thanks to an outstanding defensive effort that held the Mules to just 26% in the game.
- Samantha Roy led the way for Bowdoin with a game-high 17 points to go with four rebounds and four assists.
- Maddie Hasson had eight points and ten rebounds for the Polar Bears
- Bowdoin returns to action on Monday night when they play at Becker at 7:00 p.m.