LEICESTER, Mass. – The Bowdoin College women's basketball team earned a win in its final non-conference game of the season, 76-40, at Becker on Monday night.
The win sets up a Friday showdown in Morrell Gymnasium between Division III's top two teams, as second-ranked Bowdoin (19-0) will host number one Tufts (18-0) at 7:00 p.m. With a large crowd expected, tickets will be distributed at the door upon entry on Friday evening in order to comply with the gymnasium's 1400-seat capacity. As with all other regular season games admission is free and doors to the gymnasium will open at 6:00 p.m.
- Sparked by two three-pointers from Moira Train, the Polar Bears sprinted to an 8-0 lead out of the gate and never trailed.
- Bowdoin led 21-12 after one quarter, and extended their advantage to 14 points, 35-21 at the break as the Polar Bears held the Hawks to just 33% shooting in the opening twenty minutes.
- The Polar Bears put the game away with a 22-point third quarter, highlighted by nine points from Train.
- Bowdoin led by as many as 42 points down the stretch on their way to the victory.
By The Numbers
- Train led all players with 19 points, including 11 in the second half, while Sela Kay added ten points for the Polar Bears.
- Dorian Cohen had eight points and eight assists for Bowdoin while Samantha Roy had seven points, five steals and three assists.
- The Polar Bears finished at 41% shooting for the game and owned a 49-31 edge in rebounding for the contest.
- Bowdoin also held Becker to just 26% shooting in the game and forced 22 turnovers, scoring 26 points off Hawk errors.
- Bowdoin hosts Tufts at 7:00 p.m. Friday evening in a battle of Division III's top two ranked teams. Fans unable to attend the contest can watch the action live on the Northeast Sports Network.