CLINTON, N.Y. – The Bowdoin women's hockey team surrendered a pair of first period goals and could not find an equalizer on Friday night, falling 2-1 at Hamilton.
The Polar Bears drop to 4-5-2 (2-3-0 NESCAC). The Continentals climb to 6-5-0 (2-3-0 NESCAC).
- Hamilton took the lead midway through the first period on a power play goal from Hyla Mosher.
- The Polar Bears responded five minutes later, also on the power play. Nell Fusco fired a shot from above the right faceoff circle towards net. Brett Stoddard tipped the puck as it flew pass, deflected into the net for an equalizer.
- The Continentals regained the lead permanently with 2:01 left in the first. Maura Holden scored the game-winner off assists from Maddie Beitler and Emily Walther.
By the Numbers
- Dani Marquez kept the Polar Bears within striking distance throughout the game. The sophomore made 34 saves, including 14 in the first period.
- Gab Venne made 17 stops for Hamilton.
- Both teams went 1-for-3 on the power play.
- The Polar Bears and Continentals conclude the weekend series at 3:00 p.m. tomorrow at Hamilton.