AMHERST, Mass. – The Bowdoin women's soccer team fell 1-0 in their NESCAC opener at Amherst on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears (0-1-0, 0-1-0 NESCAC) surrendered the game-winner with 13 seconds remaining in the first half. The Mammoths are 2-0-0 on the season with a 1-0-0 record in conference play.
- Amherst had five shots in the opening 20 minutes, forcing Penny Rocchio to make a pair of key stops to keep the game scoreless.
- The Mammoth's goal came as a cross into the box forced Rocchio off her line and Sasha Savitsky poked a shot in the bottom right corner.
- Isabel Ball stepped into net in the second half and made two more key saves for the Polar Bears and keep Bowdoin within striking distance early in the frame.
By the Numbers
- Ball made six saves and Rocchio two, each playing a half.
- Antonia Tammaro made four saves for Amherst.
- Amherst held a 19-8 shot advantage.
- Bowdoin hosts Colby in its home opener at 4:00 p.m. on September 10.