Oct 05, 2019
BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Bowdoin women's soccer team suffered a 4-0 setback to Hamilton on Saturday afternoon.
The Polar Bears slip to 4-5-1 (1-4-1 NESCAC). The Continentals climb to 6-2-1 (3-2-1 NESCAC).
- Cat Gambino scored her first of two goals 7:37 into action. Gambino tracked down a loose ball in a scrum in front of the net to go ahead 1-0.
- With under three to play in the first half Gambino had her second of the game. Kristin Hughes serviced Gambino in front of the goal for a header into the net.
- Hyla Mosher made it 3-0 in favor of Hamilton in the 57th minute. Caroline Dawson made a flat pass to Mosher along the top of the goal box, with Mosher sliding towards to ball to deflect it past Isabel Ball.
- Frankie Lilly capped the game with Hamilton's fourth and final goal in the 69th minute.
- Gambino nearly had another, ringing a shot off the crossbar, with fifteen minutes to play. Lynn Farquhar answered by connecting with the left post three minutes later.
By the Numbers
- Hamilton outshot the Polar Bears 20-7.
- Both teams took four corner kicks.
- Rachel Pike made three stops.
- Penny Rocchio made seven saves in the first half. Isabel Ball made four stops.
- The Polar Bears play at Connecticut College on Saturday with an 11:30 a.m. start.
- The Continentals host Hartwick on Wednesday at 4:00 p.m.