Posted: Oct 11, 2019
The Polar Bears won their fifth straight match and improve to 9-6 (4-2 NESCAC) this season.
- The Bantams won the first set before the Polar Bears came alive to completely dominate in a final score of 21-25, 25-10, 25-6, 25-13.
- Trinity claimed the first set thanks to a 6-1 run to close out the Polar Bears.
- Bowdoin answered with a 16-2 run to open the second set en route to tying the match and then rolled off their most lopsided set win of the year in the third, taking a 8-0 lead and never looking back in a 25-6 triumph that gave them a 2-1 overall edge.
- The Polar Bears put the Bantams away in the fourth, taking a 14-3 lead out of the gate and cruising the rest of the way.
By The Numbers
- Ashley Williams led a balanced Bowdoin attack, totaling 14 kills, while Caroline Flaharty added nine kills and four aces.
- Ella Haugen racked up 26 assists for the Polar Bears and Emily King had 13 digs and three assists in the victory.
- Cori Gray had seven kills while Jaida Hodge-Adams and Danielle Abrams had six apiece. Abrams also had a team-best four blocks.
- Bowdoin will play at Coast Guard in a non-conference match on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.