Posted: Oct 12, 2019
The Polar Bears (9-7) extend their winning streak to six matches with the triumph while Coast Guard drops to 14-4.
- Coast Guard claimed an extended first set 28-26 before Bowdoin bounced back in a big way to take the second 25-12. The Polar Bears then won a pair of tightly-played 25-23, 25-23 sets to take the win.
- After the teams split the first two sets, Coast Guard opened up a 10-6 lead in the third set, only to see the Polar Bears roll of a 9-1 run to take a 15-11 edge. Bowdoin was able to maintain their lead down the stretch and fended off a late run to take a 2-1 lead following a set-ending kill by Ella Haugen.
- In the fourth set, the teams traded blows until late, when Coast Guard opened up a four-point edge, 22-18. Bowdoin roared back, winning four straight points to tie it at 22. After the hosts took a one point lead, 23-22, Bowdoin won the next three points – the last two coming on attack errors by Coast Guard – to seal the victory.
By The Numbers
- Sophia Pahl racked up 15 kills with eight digs and two aces.
- Ashley Williams also saw double-digits with 11 kills while Ella Haugen (21 assists) and Kate Kiser (20) set up the Bowdoin offense.
- Emily King totaled 25 digs while Caroline Flaharty had 13 digs in addition to nine kills.
- Bowdoin will return home for a pair of matches next weekend, starting with a Friday night match against Endicott in Morrell Gymnasium at 6:00 p.m.